Houston Children's Visa Attorney
Immigration Guidance for Families in Houston
Bringing a child to the U.S. can be a complex process. You must be able to prove that the child or children are eligible for a visa. The child’s sponsor must also meet certain requirements. This is why it is important to find an experienced immigration attorney who can help you navigate the process and keep your family together.
At Galaviz Law Firm, PLLC, we help with family immigration in the Houston area. Our team understands that these matters are important to you and your family. We are committed to providing you with the guidance and support you need to achieve your goals.
Types of Children Visas
There are several types of visas that are available for children. The type of visa your child will need depends on why they are coming to the U.S.
The following are some of the types of visas that are available for children:
- Immediate Relative (IR) Visa: This type of visa is available for immediate family members including children.
- Family Preference Visas: These visas are available for children who are more distant relations that immediate family. They must be sponsored by a U.S. citizen or permanent resident parent.
- K-2 Visas: The main requirements are that the child must be under 21 and unmarried. The child can be biological, a stepchild, or adopted.
- Special Immigrant Juvenile (SIJ) Visa: This type of visa is for children who cannot reunite with their parents due to abuse, abandonment, or neglect. The child must be under the age of 21 and unmarried.
- Refugee or Asylee Relative Petition (Form I-730): If you are a refugee or asylee who was granted status in the U.S., you may petition to bring your child to join you through Form I-730.
- Adoption Visa: This visa is available for foreign-born children who have been adopted by U.S. citizens. The adoption process must be completed before the child turns 16 years old, and they must meet certain requirements.
It's important to note that the process and requirements for each of these visas may vary, so it's best to consult with an immigration attorney for more information.
In addition, if your child is already in the U.S. on a different nonimmigrant visa, you may be able to change their status to that of a dependent to remain in the country with you.
What Are the Requirements for a Child Visa?
There are several requirements that must be met for a child to be eligible for a visa. These requirements are different depending on the type of child visa you are trying to acquire.
- The child must be under 21 years old and unmarried to be eligible for a visa.
- You must prove that the child meets the qualifying relationship criteria for the visa for which you are applying.
- The child must have a clean criminal record and no prior violations of U.S immigration laws.
- The child must be admissible to the U.S. In other words, the child must not be inadmissible for any reason.
There are also several requirements that must be met for a parent to be eligible to sponsor a child for a visa:
- The parent must be able to prove that they have a qualifying relationship with the child.
- The parent or sponsor must be able to prove that they can financially support the child.
What Is the Child Visa Application Process?
The application process for a child visa can be complex. You will need a visa, permanent resident status, or US citizenship before your child can apply for a visa. If your child is eligible for a visa, they will need to apply for one separate from your application. If you are already in the U.S., you may be able to apply for a change of status.
Our firm can help you with the application process. We will help you gather the necessary documents and fill out the paperwork. We will also help you prepare for your interview with a U.S. consulate or embassy.
Why You Need a Lawyer
Immigration laws are complex, and the process can be time-consuming. It is easy to make a mistake that could result in a delay or denial of your application. An experienced immigration lawyer can help you navigate the process and ensure that you meet all of the requirements.
Our team at Galaviz Law Firm, PLLC is committed to providing you with the guidance and support you need. We will help you understand your options and make informed decisions about your case.
For Experienced Legal Guidance, Call Our Firm Today
If you need help bringing your child to the U.S., we can help. Our team at Galaviz Law Firm, PLLC has helped many families with their immigration needs. We understand how important these matters are to you, and we will fight for your rights every step of the way.
Thanks Galaviz you beat the case!Leo G.
"My husband is a UNITED STATE NATURALIZED CITIZEN and Galaviz is to thank for his honesty, hard work, and patience."Marivel H.
"He answered all my questions and was honest with me."Christin K.